The Marine Authority on Enclosed SpaceS
For over 100 years, MRS Training & Rescue has developed its specialist skills, experience and knowledge gained from working in a difficult and potentially dangerous environment, to affect the rescue and escape of mineworkers from underground. This has ensured that we are the foremost company in the world for dealing with enclosed space problems and rescue.
MRS Training & Rescue has brought this expertise into general industry and has existing contracts with the Power Supply and Aeronautical Industries, amongst many others. In addition, we are responsible for the training of many Fire and Rescue Services in Enclosed Space Entry and Rescue.
We can now offer this expertise to the Marine Industry and we have conducted an intensive study of Enclosed Space problems within the Marine environment. now brings this expertise to the Marine Industry and we have conducted an intensive study of Enclosed Space problems within the Marine environment. We have engaged in multiple Enclosed Space exercises on a wide variety of ships allowing us to apply relevant skills and procedures to many unusual and often unique problems.
One of our training centre modules has been adapted to simulate these problems for both our own rescue teams to practice in and delegates attending our courses. Each course is structured around the following core elements of working in and rescuing from enclosed spaces.
- Current legislative requirements
- Application of safety documentation (PTW, Risk Assessment etc.)
- Identification and use of correct equipment
- Effects of Oxygen deficiency and other gases
- Practical enclosed space entry
- Use of EEBD
- Rescue procedures
Most courses are accredited by an appropriate awarding body and successful course delegates will receive a competence certificate. MRS Training & Rescue Marine provides training facilities on a nationwide basis using qualified trainers and assessors and are able to provide expert training in all aspects of safety. This service is also available to clients in-house, at your company location.
In addition MRS Training & Rescue Marine offers the following services:
- Enclosed Space Consultancy
- Accident Investigation and Analysis
- Equipment Sales
- Standby Rescue Cover for high-risk work
- Application of the Enclosed Space Management System
As the Marine Authority on Enclosed SpaceS
We aim to meet all our clients' needs in every service we provide, with:
- Quality – by providing an excellent service delivered by professional, accredited people
- Support – we provide a full support service offering follow-up advice incorporating the latest information and procedures
- Flexibility – we will always endeavour to meet our clients at a location and date to suit you
- Latest skills – as the UK's leading body in enclosed space, we are always at the forefront of best practice
MRS Training & Rescue Marine utilise the knowledge and experience of our people, all of whom are well trained and qualified to assess client needs, seek sensible practical solutions and ensure that agreed improvements can be implemented effectively.
Our past and current performance provides our clients with the confidence needed to entrust their health and safety requirements to the ultimate professionals.
If you require further information or if you would like to make an enquiry please contact us.