ADVANCED FIRST AID
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This accredited Advanced First Aid training course gives delegates the theoretical and practical knowledge required to administer safe, effective, and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save life and give assistance in remote areas using advanced emergency equipment and medical teleconsultation.
Delegates attending must have a valid first aid at work or first aid at work refresher certificate.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
This training course has been developed to provide learners with additional knowledge and skills to enable them to administer first aid to a casualty where work is: -
- Remote – there may be a delay in getting emergency services on site.
- Higher risk workplace – where additional first aid equipment may be provided for use to support treatment of a casualty.
On this course candidates will learn how to:
- Undertake management of an incident.
- Understand ongoing monitoring of casualty.
- Understand airway management including use of medical air.
- Demonstrate correct use of appropriate equipment during a resuscitation attempt.
- Manage catastrophic bleeding and shock.
- Understand and use of medical gases - analgesic, Entonox and medical oxygen
- Use equipment to immobilise and transport a casualty.
To view the full course timetable click here.
This course is taught by highly experienced trainers. All our course training instructors have expereince of coordinating and managing incidents until professionals arrives, which has invovled a range of cases such as major trauma, sudden cardiac arrest, management of large incidents.
These real-life skills help them deliver training to candidates from a practical and operational perspective.
Delegates are continually assessed on practical work throughout the course, and to pass – will need to pass all performance criteria and a written test paper.
Those who successfully pass this course and provide their National Insurance number, will receive an MP Awards certificate.
This training course is based on the Ofqual regulation qualification units – Level 3 Award in Advanced First Aid for Remote and Mining Environments.
Our courses have a maximum of 6 candidates per course. If you wish to train a larger group of employees, contact us to learn more about our bespoke training courses and on-site training units.
1 trainer to 6 candidates (1:6) for Theory and Practical training.