MATS REFRESHER IN TOWER CLIMBING & RESCUE TRAINING COURSE (EU SKILLS)
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This MATS Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue requalification course is for those who need to renew their expired certification for the full 3-day course. This course has been designed and developed to be in accordance with the requirements of the MATS Basic Tower & Rescue scheme specification – and has been approved by Energy & Utility Skills (EUSR).
Please note: the fee for this course includes the EUSR registration fee.
This course covers legislation and safety standards, risk assessments and the use of safe systems of work. This course is highly practical and includes a lengthy session on working safely at height.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
This course will refresh learners knowledge and skills so they are able to continue working safely on towers and masts in the telecommunications and broadcast industry – including climbing, using equipment and tower rescue.
Delegates who complete this course will update knowledge to ensure they:
- Understand mobile towers and masts legislation and safety standards
- Be able to inspect and use personal equipment for working at height including safety harnesses, fall protection systems, fall distances and anchors
- Understand and be able to use other working at height equipment including edge protection. Mechanical descenders, back up devices, retractable lines, ropes, knots and slings
- Understand other considerations and rescue from height including ladders, suspension syncope (trauma) and casualty management
- Be able to undertake rescue from height
To view the full course timetable click here.
This course is delivered by highly experienced instructors – many of whom are real-life rescuers. All our trainers have completed regulated assessor awards.
To successfully complete this course and receive an Energy & Utility Skills certification; delegates must pass continual assessment through the course and a multiple choice questionnaire to ensure theoretical understanding.
This is a mandatory 1-day annual renewal training programme, and the certification lasts for 1 year.
Theory 1:12; Practical 1:6