MNTB SAFE ENTRY INTO ENCLOSED SPACES
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This MNTB Safe Entry into Enclosed Spaces course is for those who are or want to become seafarers and may be likely to work in enclosed spaces.
On this one day course - delegates will learn how to enter and work safely in an enclosed space through practical and theory learning, including wearing an escape set.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
On this one day course- delegates will learn how to enter and work safely inside an enclosed space, use risk assessments, action plans and permits to work.
In addition to this - delegates will also learn how to use monitoring equipment, Emergency Breathing Devices (EEBDs), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and how to deal with emergencies.
After completing this course, delegates should be able to:
- Recognise potential dangerous enclosed spaces aboard a vessel
- Complete a typical enclosed space entry Permit to Work
- Carry out the safe testing of an atmosphere prior to enclosed space entry using typical industry test equipment, including knowledge of its maintenance & testing/calibration requirements
- Carry out a safe enclosed space entry
- Carry out self-rescue from an enclosed space
- Carry out safety attendant role
To view the full course timetable click here.
This course is delivered by highly trained and experienced instructors.
Most of our trainers have real-life experience of working in hazardous and enclosed environments – which helps them bring the courses they teach to life.
Following the successful completion of a written test and practical assessment, delegates will receive MNTB certification.
Certification lasts for 3 years.
1 trainer to 24 candidates (1:24):
- Theory training
- Written test assessment
1 trainer to 6 candidates (1:6):
- Practical training
- Practical assessment