The course covers the main legal requirements for safety in the UK, a range of workplace hazards and methods of control. The certificate syllabus is based on the Employment National Training Organisation (ENT) Standards which are reviewed regularly to keep up with developments in the workplace and in legislation. We are a NEBOSH accredited training provider and this course is ideal for anybody working in a safety related role and for those with health and safety responsibilities as part of a wider role.
- Duration - 87 hours
- Assessment - written and practical
- Instructor / candidate ratio - 1:10
- Accreditation – NEBOSH accreditation certificate
- Lifespan – For life if continual professional development is maintained
On completion of this course delegates will
- gain a thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and its practical applications
- learn how to spot workplace hazards and how to prevent them
- be able to assist in their company's safety management programme
Additional Course Details
Larger organisations benefit by choosing this qualification as a key part of their supervisor or management development programme. By ensuring that line managers have a sound understanding of the principles of risk management they build an effective safety culture.
Smaller organisations operating in lower risk environments choose this as the appropriate qualification for the manager responsible for health and safety issues.
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of Health and Safety (NGC1)
- Controlling workplace hazards (GC2)
- Health and safety practical application (GC3)