SAFETY HARNESS TRAINING COURSE
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This Safety Harness course is for anyone who works at height – and will teach delegates how to inspect, wear and use full body safety harnesses correctly.
This course is highly practical – and all course delegates will be taught on specially built working at height facilities which will allow them to practice putting on, wearing and using a harness in working at height situations.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
This half-day safety harness course provides an overview of fall protection and restraint systems.
Delegates on this course will learn and be able to practice:
- Wearing suitable PPE correctly
- How PPE and Personal Fall Protection Systems (PFPS) are maintained and safe to use
- Using and storing all work equipment and PPE correctly
- What to do if PPE or PFPS equipment is found to be modified, defective or does not meet the relevant standard
- Locate suitable anchor points
- How to check work area for obstructions etc
After completing this course, delegates will be able to understand and know:
- Legislative requirements for working safely at height
- The main risks associated with work at height and how these are controlled
- The types of PFPS used
- How to inspect the equipment provided for work at height
- What to do with damaged or defective equipment
- The principal requirements for dealing with incidents
To view the full course timetable click here.
This training course is taught by experienced, highly trained instructors – all of whom have completed regulated training and assessor awards.
Delegates on this course are continually assessed and will also have to complete a multiple-choice written test to complete this course successfully.
After successfully completing this course – delegates will receive an industry recognised MRS Training & Rescue certificate.
Certification lasts for 3 years.
1 trainer to 10 candidates (1:10):
- Theory training
- Practical training & assessment