MANAGEMENT OF WORKING AT HEIGHT TRAINING COURSE
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This 1 day Management of Working at Height course is for those who manage, plan for, oversee and supervise those who work at height. Those who successfully complete this course will be compliant with all legislative requirements.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
Course attendees will be taught all the necessary knowledge and skills they need to be able to safely plan, supervise and manage working at height activities – such as managing contractors who must carry out work at height tasks. This management course is classroom and theory based. Course attendees will be given the opportunity to learn and develop working at height safety documentation such as risk assessments, method statements and rescue plans.
This course covers:
- Risk assessment review and writing
- Method statement review and writing
- Permit issuing
- Monitoring work at height
- Formulating a rescue plan
- Current legislation
- Hierarchy of control
- Selection of work methods
- Safe use of ladders
- Introduction to personal fall protection equipment
- PPE inspection requirements
Successful course attendees should leave this course being able to:
- Understand the main health and safety principles of working at height.
- Know the hazards and risks associated with work at height.
- Know the methods of reducing risk and injury including the hierarchy of controls relating to working at height
- Understand the types of personal fall protection systems and the differences between fall arrest, work restraint and work positioning.
- Understand procedures and practices for controlling risks to health and safety, preparing for working at height and using access equipment, Personal Fall Protection Systems (PFPS) and PPE
- Demonstrate competency in developing a risk assessment/method statement for a working at height task.
- Demonstrate competency in planning procedures for rescue and other incidents.
To view the full course timetable click here.
This course is delivered by highly experienced instructors – all of whom have completed regulated training and assessor awards in working at height training.
The majority of our instructors have worked in or rescue people from hazardous environments. This unique insight helps bring our classroom courses to life, as instructors can use real-life examples as part of the training.
Those who successfully complete this course (case study and short multi-choice test) will receive MRS Training & Rescue certification.
1 trainer to 12 candidates
- Theory training