WORKING SAFELY AT HEIGHT TRAINING COURSE (ECITB APPROVED)
NB: Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This 1 day Working Safely at Height course is for those who work at height – for example, those who work on or with ladders, scaffolding or roofs. This training course has been designed to provide those who attend with the knowledge and practical skills they require to work safely at height.
It is available as an ECITB certificate for an additional £40 registration fee.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
This course covers all aspects of working safely at height – and includes a combination of theory and practical training.
Candidates will learn how to:
- Use ladders safely
- Ascend and descend from height safely
- Select and wear the correct PPE
- Carry out PPE pre-use checks
- Use lanyards, fall arrest and fall restraint equipment
In addition to this, delegates will also learn theory elements of working safely from height – including:
- The main principles of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Approved codes of practice
- The correct method of inspection, storing and maintaining fall arrest, work position and restraint equipment
- The hazards and risks of working at height
- How to reduce hazards by using a hierarchy of controls
- Have an appreciation of procedures for rescue in the event of an emergency
To view the full course timetable click here.
This course is taught by highly experienced and trained instructors.
Most of our instructors are real-life rescuers, and this experience allows them to bring both practical and theory training ‘to life’.
Course delegates are assessed throughout the course and must pass a short multiple-choice written assessment.
Those who pass this course can choose to receive an MRS Training & Rescue certificate or if preferred – an ECITB certificate for an additional fee. More information for those sitting the ECITB certification can be found here.
MRS Training & Rescue and ECITB Certification lasts for 3 years.
As this is a one day course, candidates needing to renew their certificate sit the full day course again when it expires.
No. The course is accredited by the ECITB, but no funding is available.
1 trainer to 12 candidates:
- Theory training
1 trainer to 6 candidates:
- Practical training