Sometimes it is only when things go wrong that you realise that you may have a potential issue with your health and safety management system.
Reasons to investigate a workplace accident include:
- most importantly, to find out the cause of accidents and to prevent similar accidents in the future
- to fulfill any legal requirements
- to determine the cost of an accident
- to determine compliance with applicable safety regulations
- to process workers' compensation claims
Incidents that involve no injury or property damage should still be investigated to determine the hazards that should be corrected. The same principles apply to a quick inquiry of a minor incident and to the more formal investigation of a serious event.
We can offer an independent incident investigations service that can work in parallel with specialists, to identify and address any potential gaps and avoid future issues.