IOSH WORKING SAFELY
NB: Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This 1-day IOSH Working Safely course is suitable for any sector and is recognised worldwide. This training is for those, at all levels, who are required to know the basics of health and safety.
Those who attend this course will learn why they must ‘work safely’ – and how everyone can make a difference to their own wellbeing and that of others, through everyday behaviours. This course is fun, interactive and focuses on best practice, rather than regulation.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
This one-day course covers:
- An outline of occupational safety and health
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
Following successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand why it’s important to work safely and the effects it will have if they fail to do so
- Identify risks and hazards and the importance of risk assessments
- Assist in the preparation of risk assessments
- Appreciate the importance of a health and safety management system
- Understand safety signs and signals
- Report accidents and incidents
- Appreciate the effects of environmental management and how individuals can minimise pollution and waste
This course is taught by highly experienced IOSH approved instructors, all of whom are technical members of IOSH.
To pass this course, candidates must complete a multiple-choice exam and a hazard spotting exercise. Successful candidates will receive an IOSH Working Safely certificate.
Those with an IOSH Working Safely Passport can use certification as proof they hold an equivalent Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in Construction.
Instructor / candidate ratio - 1:10