NB: Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This half-day Manual Handling course is for anyone who’s job role involves lifting and moving loads manually, as well as with the use of lifting equipment. This course teaches positive manual handling behaviour – and is highly practical, to ensure the correct behaviour is understood and demonstrated.
This course is designed to help reduce the number of manual handling injuries within a company, which can be costly to any organisation.
This course is made up of lectures, demonstrations and delegates practically learning to lift and move loads both manually and with the use of lifting equipment. The specifications of this course are set around the standard of ‘Manual Handling and Lifting of Loads (EUSREA115).
This course covers:
- Taking suitable safety measures before lifting to protect self and others
- Using approved lifting and handling techniques
- Checking that any equipment needed is fit for use
- Using lifting / handling equipment in line with company guidelines and manufacturers’ instructions
- Planning a safe and efficient route for moving tools and equipment
- Knowing your own responsibilities when asking others to help in lifting and handling operations
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to
- Understand how to lift and move loads
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive in the workplace
To view the full course timetable click here.
This training course is delivered by our experienced instructors whom all have regulated training and assessor awards and teach / assess health and safety training.
The course concludes with a multichoice written test. Learners will also be continuously assessed doing practical work. On successful completion of the course, candidates will receive an MRS Training & Rescue certificate.
Certification lasts for 3 years.
1 training to 10 candidates
- Theory training and practical training