GWO WIND TURBINES WORKING AT HEIGHT WITH MANUAL HANDLING
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This Working at Height & Manual Handling course includes safe rescue and is GWO approved (Global Wind Organisation) – and is designed for those who work or wish to work in the wind turbine industry.
This course is part of our full 3.5 day GWO Basic Safety Training package – which we offer at a discounted rate.
This course is highly practical and includes training on purpose built working at height facilities.
Those who attend this course must also register to be part of the Global Wind Industry Training Records Database (WINDA) and will be required to bring along their registration number to start this course.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
We do also provide a general Manual Handling course – for those who do not specifically work in the renewables industry.
On this 2 day course, delegates will learn and develop practical skills which will enable them to work safely at height and on wind turbines. They will also learn to safely lift under 15kg individually and under 30kg in a team.
Work at height and rescue topics covered on this course include:
- Safe systems of work
- PPE and equipment selection
- Inspection and use of tools
- Risk assessing
- Emergency procedures
- Evacuation and rescue at height
- Hazards and risks specific to wind turbines
- Working at height legislation
- Identification, inspection and maintenance of PPE
- Identification of anchor points
- Correct use of a ladder
- Correct use of evacuation devices
- How to approach rescue situations in wind turbine generators and use rescue equipment efficiently
Manual handling topics covered include:
- Identify aspects of their role which could increase the risk of developing muscular or skeletal injuries
- Demonstrate an understanding of safe practices of manual handling – including the correct handling of equipment
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor manual handling techniques, and how to report such injuries
- Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to manual handling in a wind turbine environment
- Demonstrate manual handling risk reduction techniques
To view the full course timetable click here.
This course is taught by trained, experienced instructors who have all complete regulated assessor awards.
All of our instructors have the skills and first-hand experience to bring our lessons to life.
Delegates will undertake a minimum of 4 work at height scenarios that will include rescue of both a conscious and unconscious casualty. They will also lift correctly in at least 3 scenarios.
On successful completion of the course, we upload details to the WINDA portal: Global Wind Industry Training Records Database and delegates can access this using their WINDA registration number.
2 years. We also offer GWO Refresher Courses if you require re-certification.
No. The course is accredited by GWO, but no funding is available.
1 training to 12 candidates
- Theory training
1 trainer to 6 candidates