FIRST AID AT WORK REQUALIFICATION
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This First Aid at Work Requalification course is for those who need to renew their first aid at work certification – to ensure they are up-to-date and compliant. The awarding organisation requires delegates to have an existing first aid certificate, which must be within one month of expiry at the time of sitting the course.
This course will ensure that first aiders continue to be proficient in practical skills (such as CPR) and dealing with workplace injuries and illnesses.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
This 2 day first aid requalification course ensures that previously certified first aiders can continue to be proficient in the practical skills, e.g. CPR, dealing with bleeding and wounds etc.
Topics covered on this course include:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with:
- minor injuries
- suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- suspected chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- an eye injury
- sudden poisoning
- suspected major illness
To view the full course timetable click here.
This training course is delivered by experienced, fully trained first aid instructors and assessors.
On successful completion of the course candidates will receive a QualSafe certificate.
We teach a maximum of 12 candidates per course, and the trainer to candidate ratio is 1:12.
For practical training, we allocate one manikin per 4 candidates.