UNDERSTANDING MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID IN THE WORKPLACE LEVEL 3
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This QualSafe mental health first aid course grants a level 3 RQF award in Understanding Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace. It is a formally accredited qualification acknowledged nationally. It is designed for those who would like to raise their awareness of mental health and develop an understanding of how best to support, reassure and signpost colleagues to professional guidance.
Candidates will develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to actively promote positive mental health within their workplace, making it an ideal qualification for mental health champions/first aiders, human resources, managers, supervisors and team leaders.
Due to the nature of mental health first aid training and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
On this mental health first aid course, candidates will develop a greater understanding of common mental health conditions, as well as how best to support and guide someone to professional help.
Candidates will cover the following topics on this 2-day course:
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- The roles and responsibilities for mental health in the workplace
- Importance of own wellbeing as a mental health first aider
- Common mental health conditions, including:
- Characteristics and features
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Promoting positive mental health first aid in the workplace
- Best practice for employers
- Mental health first aid at work action plan
- Appropriate coping strategies
- How employers can provide support to employees in the workplace
- Assisting those off work or returning to work
- Procedures to support employees who are off work whilst experiencing poor mental health
- Types of support available both locally and nationally
Our mental health first aid course is taught by highly experienced trainers. Throughout the course, our instructors deliver an interactive and immersive learning journey. This will involve video, case studies and real-life instances of mental health challenges, engaging in workbook exercises, participating in group dialogues, and an array of additional dynamic learning methods.
During this course, delegates will achieve the Qualsafe Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) qualification.
No. Please contact the team for information regarding the cost of this Mental Health First Aid course.
Our courses have a maximum of 12 candidates per course. If you wish to train a larger group of employees, contact us to learn more about our bespoke training courses and on-site training units.