Industrial at Height Rescue Technician Training Course
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This Level 3 Industrial at Height Rescue Technician Training Course is an additional qualification for anyone that has already completed the 3 day Working Safely at Height and Technical Rescue course.
This course covers more enhanced techniques such as stretcher transfers at height and is an extension of rescue techniques using technical and mechanised solutions.
This course is taught at our training centres across the UK – and includes practical training which takes place in simulated work at height situations. It is available as a City & Guilds Working Safely at Height and Self Rescue Level 3 Award for an additional fee of £30.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
This training course is highly practical, building upon the knowledge and skills gained in the 3 day Working Safely at Height and Technical Rescue course. It has approximately an 80/20 split practical to theory.
- To give learners knowledge and understanding applicable to a range of typical work at height rescue scenarios.
- To give learners an understanding of different equipment, their uses and methods of rigging in a rescue setting.
- To increase the learners practical knowledge of methods for rescue from height.
- To maintain personal and team safety during a rescue.
- Work safely to protect themselves and other rescue personnel while rescuing from height.
- Enhance their rigging knowledge.
- Further their knowledge of work at height related manoeuvres.
- Gain the ability to install, utilise, rescue from and de-rig systems from ground level.
- Learn how to evacuate a casualty from a complex rescue scenario.
- Be familiar with a range of work at height equipment found in the workplace.
To view the full course timetable click here.
This course is taught by highly experienced instructors who have extensive knowledge and experience of working at height.
The majority of our trainers are also real-life rescuers who have been part of emergency operations in the UK and around the world.
Delegates need to pass a written test and a practical assessment to pass this course and receive certification. Those who complete the course can choose to receive an MRS Training & Rescue certificate or, for an additional fee, a City & Guilds certificate. The MRS Training & Rescue certification aligns with the City & Guilds Industrial at Height Rescue Technician Level 3 Award.
Certification lasts for 3 years.
This course has a maximum capacity of 6 candidates. If you wish to train a larger group of employees, contact us to learn more about our bespoke training courses and on-site training units.
1 trainer to 6 candidates (1:6):
- Theory training
- Practical training & assessment
- Written test