Working Safely at Height Course
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This 1 day Working Safely at Height course aims:
- To give learners knowledge and understanding relevant to working at height.
- To give candidates an understanding of ladders, access systems, fall prevention and fall arrest systems, and relevant PPE for working at height.
It is taught at our training centres across the UK – and includes practical training in simulated work at height situations. It is available as a City & Guilds qualification for an additional fee of £30.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
This course covers all aspects of working safely at height – and includes a combination of theory and practical training.
Candidates will learn how to:
- Use ladders safely
- Ascend and descend from height safely
- Select and wear the correct PPE
- Carry out PPE pre-use checks
- Use lanyards, fall arrest and fall restraint equipment
In addition to this, delegates will also learn theory elements of working safely from height – including:
- The main principles of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Approved codes of practice
- The correct method of inspection, storing and maintaining fall arrest, work position and restraint equipment
- The hazards and risks of working at height
- How to reduce hazards by using a hierarchy of controls
- Have an appreciation of procedures for rescue in the event of an emergency
To view the full course timetable click here.
This course is taught by highly experienced instructors who have extensive knowledge and experience of working at height.
The majority of our trainers are also real-life rescuers who have been part of emergency operations in the UK and around the world.
Delegates need to pass a written test and a practical assessment to pass this course and receive certification. Those who complete the course can choose to receive an MRS Training & Rescue certificate or, for an additional fee, a City & Guilds certificate.
Certification lasts for 3 years.
This course has a maximum capacity of 6 candidates per course. If you wish to train a larger group of employees, contact us to learn more about our bespoke training courses and on-site training units.