MATS BASIC TOWER CLIMBING & RESCUE TRAINING COURSE (EU SKILLS)
Breaks for refreshments are included in this overall total
This 3 day MATS Basic Tower Climbing & Rescue course is for those who want to learn to safely climb masts and towers – i.e. those who work in the telecommunications and broadcast industry. This training has been designed to be in accordance with the requirements of MATS basic tower and rescue scheme, which is approved by Energy & Utility Skills (EUSR).
This course is highly practical; for 2 days, delegates will practice climbing, ascending and descending and on day 3 will focus on learning rescue techniques.
Please note: the fee for this course includes the EUSR registration fee.
Due to the physical demands of this course – all delegates MUST provide a valid, current medical certificate before attending this course.
Due to the nature of the training course and the emphasis placed on communication, there is only a provision for the assessments to be undertaken in English. Therefore, candidates for this type of training must be able to understand and speak the English language.
On this course delegates will learn the knowledge and skills needed to work safely on towers and masts in the telecommunications and broadcast industry – including climbing, using equipment and tower rescue.
Delegates who complete this course will:
- Understand mobile towers and masts legislation and safety standards
- Understand risk assessment and use of safe systems of work
- Be able to inspect and use personal equipment for working at height
- Understand other considerations – ladders, suspension syncope and procedures - for rescue
- Safe use of work positioning equipment
- Safe use of fall arrest systems
- Ascend, descend and work safely on towers and masts using appropriate working at height equipment
- Be able to undertake rescue from height
To view the full course timetable click here.
This course is delivered by highly experienced instructors – many of whom are real-life rescuers. All our trainers have completed regulated assessor awards.
To successfully complete this course and receive an Energy & Utility Skills certification; delegates must pass assessment continually through the course and a multiple-choice written test.
Certification lasts for 1 year. If you’re looking to renew your certification, you can opt to take one of our refresher courses
Theory 1:12; Practical 1:6